10 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Exterior Landscape Lighting
Exterior landscape lighting can add beauty and security to your home. By adding some well-placed landscape lighting, you can illuminate your driveway, front porch and other key areas of your home that will make it more welcoming and safe for guests after dark. When choosing exterior lighting, you will want to consider the elements that surround your home and how light will help to accent them.
Here are 10 tips for choosing the perfect exterior landscape lighting for your home:
- Consider your home’s architecture and landscaping when choosing outdoor lighting fixtures. You’ll want to select fixtures that complement the style of your home and highlight your landscaping.
- Think about the function of the outdoor lighting fixture. Are you looking for a light to illuminate a dark area or do you want to add some decorative flair to your landscaping?
- Choose energy-efficient LED bulbs for your outdoor lighting fixtures. LED bulbs use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and will last longer, too.
- Place your outdoor lights in areas where they will get the most use. Driveways, walkways, and porches are all great places to add landscape lighting.
- Use light fixtures that cast a wide beam of light to illuminate larger areas. Narrow beam lights can be used to accent specific features in your landscaping.
- Add some height to your landscape lighting by mounting fixtures on poles or trees. This will help to spread the light over a larger area.
- Use timer switches or motion sensor switches to automate your landscape lighting. This way, you don’t have to remember to turn the lights on and off every day.
- Look for waterproof fixtures if your home is near the ocean or another body of water. This will help to protect your lighting from rust and corrosion.
- Use path lights, spotlights, and floodlights together to create a beautiful display of light around your home after dark. By using different types of outdoor lights in combination, you can highlight both large and small areas of your landscaping at night. With these tips for choosing exterior landscape lighting for your home, you can add beauty and security to your property without spending a lot of time or money on installation or maintenance!
Landscape lighting can be a great way to add curb appeal and security to your home. By using light fixtures that complement the style of your home and highlighting your landscaping, you can create an inviting space for guests after dark. LED bulbs use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and are more environmentally friendly, so they are a good choice for outdoor lighting. When choosing exterior landscape lighting, be sure to think about the function of the light fixture and where it will be placed. Path lights, spotlights, and floodlights can all be used together to create a beautiful display of light around your home at night. With these tips for choosing exterior landscape lighting, you can add beauty and security to your property without spending a lot of time or money on maintenance.